Saturday, July 7, 2012

Yucky Ceiling Fan

So, as you can see, my ceiling fans REALLY needed to be cleaned...YUCK!!! I have one of those special bristled brushes made for fan blades but it just makes the dust go EVERYWHERE. I saw on pinterest that you can use a pillow case but I also sprayed some dusting spray so that it would really look good and so that the dust would cling onto the pillowcase. I was amazed how cleaned it looked...I did the other fans in the house immediately! 
I used an old flannel pillowcase I haven't used in years which worked perfect for this job. I sprayed the inside with Pledge and then I got up onto of my bed and placed the fan blade inside like it was a sock. I kind of was rubbing the p.c. while it was on so that I can get the under side good and around the brackets. Slowly pull off and Ta Da!!! Minimal dust fell down...YAY! I went ahead and washed my linens afterwards just to make sure...sans pillow case of course...haha. 

1 comment:

  1. I’m pretty sure you felt cool and dust-free once the cleaning was done! Well, it is pretty important to clean your ceiling fans on a regular basis. They tend to gather dust, and other particles that can cause respiratory problems. But I think you already put that on your to-do list! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete