Monday, April 9, 2012

Our Trip to San Antonio

Well, Wayne and I wanted to spend our 5 year anniversary out of town and we wanted to make sure we got to chill and have fun since we do act like kids sometimes, hehe! San Antonio has a special place for the both of us and there's always adventure. Every Texan needs to go down there and if you're not a Texan, it's a great way to be a temporary Texan...YEE HAW!!!


I really do love road trips, especially since I love to sing my heart out to my favorite songs on my iPhone. Poor Wayne, he says he loves to hear me sing, even though I get most of the words wrong, but I don't care...so much fun!!! We left Friday morning and our first adventure was a sign of a great and unforgettable start, haha.
Only in Texas...pig runs lose on the highway.
Greatness!
Yup, we saw a huge pig running around! It took two men about 15 minutes to get him back on the trailer but it was worth it. Traffic towards Austin was horrible like always but we made the best of it. We saw the state capitol, but Wayne had a little surprise for me that I had absolutely no idea. My romantic hubby surprised me with an awesome picnic!!! I had no idea he packed a cooler for us and he led us to this amazing park called Mount Bonnell. We were up high with a beautiful view of the river, native plants like bluebonnets and huge mansions. What a sweetie! Now wonder the last 5 years have been a blast for me. I'm so in LOVE!!!

Breathtaking views at Mount Bonnell


We then headed towards SA. We finally made it to our hotel, which was right on the Riverwalk and straight across from the Alamo...couldn't have been more perfect of a location. Nothing beats the walks down at the Riverwalk in the evenings stopping for a couple of margaritas, yum yum!



The highlights of our trip in San Antonio were the Segways, fo sho! We took a Segway Tour and zoomed around town. We did a Segway tour in Paris and absolutely loved it. Can it get any better than this? I think not!  I so want one, ok, I guess 2 for the both of us, hehe.
Definitely gonna remember the Alamo, ha!
Wayne got a Captain America Seg, lol.
Sportin' my cool helmet...Safety First!


We didn't want to stop there so we rented some bikes from these kiosks that they have all over the city. We brushed up our riding skills and went all around SA. The weather couldn't have been any better, I get hot easily :-P
Riding around Hemisphere Park

Then we had to say adios to San Antonio. Hopefully it wont be long that we come back. 




No comments:

Post a Comment